A year ago, with Thanksgiving approaching, I decided to make a decorative fused glass plate for my kitchen.
- Grapes: Transparent Glass full fused to make 1/2 inch pebbles.
- Corn: Varied pieces and colors of glass full fused to make small pebbles.
- Cornucopia (streaky tan) and Pumpkin (streaky orange) opaque pieces heat polished (1300º F) to smooth the edges, transparent amber fine frit between each piece prior to fusing the plate.
- Words: Photo Transfer Paper, Delphi Glass
- Light Contour Fused (1325º F) to create plate.
All went well until I placed the glass in a ceramic mold to slump it into a plate form.
Unknown to me, the contractor that was doing some work in our family room shut off the power to a few circuits. The power to my kiln was interrupted and when I returned from work and opened the kiln, my plate had cracked. Bummer!
Unfortunately, this meant that my plate was not ready for Thanksgiving last year.
So… back to cutting and heat fusing.
This time, all went well and I now have a plate to display for Thanksgiving this year.
To salvage the cracked glass, I broke it into smaller pieces, pot melted the pieces and made a beautiful melt plate.
2 thoughts on “Give Thanks!”
Your creativity is just AWSOME